Hello there lovely readers,
If there’s one thing the beauty and fashion industry has been loving lately, it’s nails! I have to admit, I am no nail art novice myself either…so today, I thought I’d share with you a little tutorial of one of my favourite designs – vintage floral!
1. Apply a clear base coat to protect your nails (my base coat of choice is Barry M’s 3in1 basecoat, topcoat and nail hardener) and then apply your favourite shade of brown to your nails. I used O.P.I’s Nail Lacquer ‘Wooden Shoe Like To Know?’
2. Wait for your nails to completely dry and then place small splodges of light pink at random points on each nail – these are the bases for your flowers! For this, I used 17’s Lasting Fix Nail Polish in ‘Fairy Cake’.
3. Then, pick up a toothpick, dip it in your favourite hot pink – I used Nicole by O.P.I’s ‘All Kendall-ed Up’ – and make little lines within the light pink splodges.
4. To add leaves, use the other end of the toothpick and draw lines coming out of the flowers with your favourite green polish – I used Rimmel London’s Lasting Finish ‘Block Your Green’.
5. For a finishing touch, feel free to add little blobs of white here and there within the roses to lighten up the design. Of course, don’t forget that final coat of clear topcoat to make sure your mani doesn’t smudge!
What have been your favourite nail art designs? Leave me links to them and to your own tutorials in the comments below!
Until next time,