Hello there lovely readers,
Why are you using strange German words on your British blog? I hear you ask. Well, The Liebster Award is an award for emerging blogs with less than 200 followers and it made my day to find out I was nominated by the lovely Jess of magiquemaquillage.blogspot.com
There are some little rules to the award…
- You can include 11 random facts about you if you want (and who wouldn’t, eh?)
- You have to link back to the person that nominated you
- You must answer all 11 questions set by the person that nominated you
- You have to nominate 11 other bloggers with under 200 followers and notify them that you have passed the award on to them (no tag backs!)
- You have to come up with 11 new questions for your nominees
I think The Liebster Award is a great way of getting more involved in the blogging community and helping new blogs get the recognition they deserve. So, let’s get into it…
11 Random Facts About Me
- I’m obsessed with going to gigs
- My favourite TV show is and probably always will be Pretty Little Liars
- My absolute dream job would be being a travel writer/photographer
- I have been on an expedition across Jordan
- I used to be rather socially awkward (but hey, people change)
- I have just left school and it feels really, really strange
- I can quote pretty much every line of Mean Girls
- I am obsessed with photos – I have a whole wall covered with them in my bedroom
- I’ve never broken a bone (although I did run into a plant pot and split my chin open when I was about 4…woops!)
- 10. My family and I almost moved to Canada when I was about 7 but we never actually did (since then, I’ve always wanted to visit!)
- 11. 11 is my lucky number – I was born on the 11th May and live at number 11, strange coincidence!
- Who is your biggest fashion inspiration?
This is a toughie, but I think my biggest fashion inspiration is probably Jameela Jamil. I love her unique style and she looks good in anything, even when sporting a chicken suit for charity!
- What is your holy grail product?
My holy grail product is L’Oreal’s Perfect Slim Superliner – I cannot live without this eyeliner!
- What is your favourite movie?
I’m gonna go with 500 Days of Summer.
- If you could meet one famous person who would you pick?
Definitely Shay Mitchell, who plays Emily on Pretty Little Liars. She is such an inspiration and blogs too (www.shaymitchblog.tumblr.com), how cool is that!
- If you had to change the focus of your blog from beauty/fashion to something else, what would you pick?
My blog isn’t wholly focussed on beauty/fashion, but if I were to change the focus, I’d run a travel blog for sure
- What do you like most about the blogging community?
I love how supportive everyone is of each other. With all these blogs, it would be easy for everyone to be very competitive, but I haven’t come across anyone who isn’t lovely yet!
- What is one beauty related thing you preach but don’t practice?
I’m constantly telling people to make sure they wash their face properly, but more often than not I end up just using make up wipes. I’ll change that.
- Do you have naturally curly or straight hair?
I have naturally very curly hair, sort of like a bird’s nest!
- Biggest beauty/fashion pet peeve?
Beauty – when girls go out with faces full of foundation, often to the point where they look like more like carrots than humans. Fashion – when people wear leggings without a top that covers their bum, but maybe that’s just me.
10. What is your favourite food?
I’ll eat pretty much everything you put in front of me, but I LOVE Oriental and Spanish food.
11. If you could live one day over again which one would you pick?
This is definitely not the easiest of questions, but I think I’d pick the day when I passed my driving test and then found out I’d been offered places at all 5 unis I’d applied to. It truly is the little things in life! 🙂
My nominees for The Liebster Award are:
1. Lauryn (Funfairs and Fairydust )
2. Bec (Fashion Fix-BeautyMix)
3. Susannah (Sparkle2day)
4. Nicky (Sooo Last Year)
5. Romina (Sweet. Sparkly. Serendipity )
6. Louisa (LouisaLoves )
7. Megan (Crazy and Curly)
8. Amore (Beauty by Amore )
9. Jae (Pash4Fashion )
10. Ami (Miss Ami Lu)
11. Teresa (The Skinny)
*Disclaimer* All of the above blogs had under 200 followers on bloglovin’ & twitter at the time of writing. Check them out and give them a cheeky follow because I love them all!
Questions for my nominees
- What’s one piece of advice you have for other bloggers?
- Who is your idol?
- What is one wardrobe staple you can’t live without?
- If you had to choose between fashion and beauty, which one would you pick?
- What is your favourite dessert?
- Where do you see your blog taking you in the next 5 years?
- Do you have a favourite book?
- If you had to live off one dish for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What is your dream holiday?
- 10. What is your favourite TV show?
- 11. Do you like cheese? (She’s The Man fans will understand this one ;))
Nominees, link me to your Liebster Award posts in the comments below, and ordinary people of the world, I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me!
Until next time,