When I started this blog a mere 2 months ago, I didn’t think anyone would even read it, let alone be inspired by it. That’s why it came as a completely out of the blue, lovely surprise when the beautiful Lola from Lola’s Patchwork nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
Until researching this post, I had no idea what the award actually was, but it’s pretty self explanatory – you get nominated if someone (like Lola) decides that they’ve been inspired by your blog! Here are the ‘rules’ of the award…
- You must display the logo on your blog (Very Inspiring Blogger & proud!)
- Link back to the lovely person who nominated you
- Share 7 random facts about yourself (quick, think of everything interesting you’ve ever done!)
- Nominate 10 other blogs of your choice to receive the award and let them know you’ve nominated them
7 Random Facts About Me
- Currently, I have £23 a week to live off for the next year of my life. Nope, this is not because I’m living on benefits or have been robbed of all my money. It simply means I start living as a student from this September for the next 4 years, bring on university!
2. I absolutely love 500 Days of Summer. Some people say that this film is downright depressing, but I love how realistic and original it is. Oh, and my dream job is Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s working at a greeting card company haha!
3. I am Indian – some of you may not know this about me but my parents were actually born in India, making me British Indian. I love the fact I get the best of both worlds (including twice as many outfit options when it comes to family functions!)
4. I used to play the guitar. I loved making music once upon a time and still haven’t given up on learning to play the piano sometime – I will become musically gifted at some point in my life!
5. If I could travel the world, I would. My bedroom walls are adorned with travel photos and my trusty scratch map. I absolutely love travelling and have been to Jordan, Barcelona and Nice all within the past year (perks of having a mum who works for an airline!). One day, I’ll have scratched off every country in the world.
6. I volunteered at the London 2012 Olympics….and it was amazing! If you ever get a chance to volunteer at the Olympics (who knows, one of you might even be from Brazil), go for it – one of the best things I’ve ever done
7. I won this month’s Prairie Charms’ Project Blogger (cheeky little shameless self plug). I was truly honoured to win a competition within 2 months of starting my blog, so thank you to everyone who’s supported me and who enjoyed my Prairie Charms blog post!
Phew, that was a lot of rambling – but now it’s time for the important part. Here are my nominations….
- Joelle – febgirl.co.uk
- Ambi – bombayrose.co.uk
- Sarmistha – littlebookoffashion.wordpress.com
- Molly – whatmollyloves.blogspot.co.uk
- Sophie – sophieetc.com
- Tor – thatspeachy.com
- Aisha – aishaditta.wordpress.com
- Amy – cocktailsinteacups.com
- Emily – emilyemilybeth.com
- Vanese – vanzthemachinee.blogspot.com
Who are your favourite bloggers? Let me know in the comments below! Oh, and you nominees, link me your Very Inspiring Blogger Award posts, I’d love to read them!